Federal Government agencies and private sector organizations may offer grants to assist with funding related to digitization projects. Additional assistance may be offered at the individual state level. The following is a representative sampling of agencies and organizations that provide grant opportunities.
- Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA)
- Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS)
- National Digital Information Infrastructure and Preservation Program (NDIIP):
A Collaborative Initiative of the Library of Congress
- National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH)
- National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC)
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
- Alfred P. Sloan Foundation
- Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- Foundation Center
- Paul G. Allen Family Foundations
- The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation
* The U.S. Government Printing Office does NOT offer grants for digitization projects.