Federal Government agencies and private sector organizations may offer grants for digitization projects; additional assistance may be available at the state level.
The following is a sampling of agencies and organizations that provide grant opportunities. Visit their websites for more information.
- Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA)
- Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS)
- National Digital Information Infrastructure and Preservation Program (NDIIP):
A Collaborative Initiative of the Library of Congress
- National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH)
- National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC)
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
- Alfred P. Sloan Foundation
- Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- Foundation Center
- Paul G. Allen Family Foundations
- The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation
* The U.S. Government Publishing Office does NOT offer grants for digitization projects.